2017-2018 HIGH SCHOOL ADMISSIONS
DISCOVERY NIGHT - FEBRUARY 21, 2017 - 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Welcome to BCIT's High School Admissions webpage. We are very glad that you are interested in attending our school and hope you will find this site informative. Applications for the 2017-2018 school year are now being accepted and students entering 9th or 10th grade in September 2018 may apply by following the below instructions. Please understand that we are unable to consider students who are entering 11th or 12th grade unless they have previously been enrolled in another career and technical high school.
ADMISSION CRITERIA & PROCEDURE
The Burlington County Institute of Technology School District is dedicated to providing technical and vocational education to pupils of Burlington County who are admitted into its programs. The uniqueness of the program offerings and instructional strategies require pupils who apply to provide academic and social records that demonstrate the ability to meet the rigors of the technical and vocational course offerings, and behavioral attributes conducive for nontraditional classroom settings.
Pupils applying for admission to Burlington County Institute of Technology must meet the following criteria and adhere to the procedures set forth.
CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION
- be eligible for promotion to the grade for which he or she is applying;
- pass a review of current report card and final report card from previous year;
- have an acceptable school discipline/behavioral record;
- demonstrate regular attendance; and
- demonstrate proficiency/competency on the BCIT Entrance Exam.
NOTE: Academy of Performing Arts applicants must first meet the above criteria and be accepted into BCIT. After acceptance into BCIT, they will be required to audition for acceptance into this career major.
PROCEDURE FOR ADMISSION
Complete the online application* (preferable) or print the paper application.
ONLINE APPLICATION DIRECTIONS:
Click to open the Online Application and follow the instructions.
Fully complete all required fields and digitally sign and date where applicable to avoid processing delays on your application.
Submit ALL of the following required documents/information:
- Report Cards – Current report card for the 2016-17 year and Final report card from the 2015-16 year.
- Attendance Records – Current attendance record for the 2016-17 year and Final attendance record from the 2015-16 year.
- Discipline/Behavior Records – Current record for the 2016-17 year and Final record from the 2015-16 year. If you do not have any behavior issues, a statement signed by a school official will be sufficient.
- 10 digit NJ State Student ID #
- If applicable, your 504 Plan and/or your IEP.
- Copy of State/Standardized Testing Results from the 2015-16 & 2016-17 (when available) school year.
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- State issued Photo ID from your school's student information system or current passport.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The documents page of the online application provides the
option of checking a box labeled “School Will Provide Information”. If you check this box, your guidance counselor may be able to directly upload the required
paperwork to your online application. (NOTE: Please confirm that your school has consented to upload the required school documents before checking the box.) If your guidance office is unable to
upload your information, you should obtain the required documents and upload them to the application before you submit it. If you do not have the ability to upload the documents to your application, you can also submit the required documents to our office by fax (609-267-5256), email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or postal mail.
Once all required forms and documents have been submitted, the applicant will be contacted by email with the details of his/her scheduled Entrance Exam. Entrance Exams will be offered on a regular basis.
Upon completion of all requirements (paperwork & testing), an evaluation will be made and the applicant will receive written notification of the admissions decision via email and/or letter.
If accepted, the applicant will be assigned to a campus based on his/her residence according to the geographic boundaries established by BCIT local governing bodies. Please see the Campus Assignment of Students by Municipality for more information.
PAPER APPLICATION DIRECTIONS (PLEASE NOTE: Submitting a paper application will significantly delay your processing time. If you need assistance with the online application, please contact the admissions office.)
- Print the Admissions Application Packet. (Not available at this time, please check back in February 2017)
- Parent/Guardian Email address must be included on the application.
- Parent/Guardian and Applicant must FULLY complete, sign and date all application forms. Incomplete applications cannot be processed.
- Applicant must submit the same required documents as outlined above under "Online Application Directions".
IMPORTANT NOTE: The APPLICANT must obtain his/her own school records and send them to the BCIT Admissions Office. They can be submitted by email, fax, USPS, or through your guidance counselor.
- Once all required forms and documents have been submitted, the applicant will be contacted by email with the details of his/her scheduled Entrance Exam. Entrance Exams will be offered on a regular basis.
- Upon completion of all requirements (paperwork & testing), an evaluation will be made and the applicant will receive written notification of the admissions decision via email and/or letter.
- If accepted, the applicant will be assigned to a campus based on their residence according to the geographic boundaries established by the BCIT local governing bodies. Please see the below link for more information:
Campus Assignment of Students by Municipality .