NJGPA (New Jersey Graduation Proficiency Assessment)
All 11th grade students in NJ and select 12th graders for retakes
- 12th Grade Retakes: October 10-13
- 11th Grade: March 11-March 22
Items to bring to testing:
- Charged Chromebook
- Earbuds (plug-in)
- Graphing Calculator (also built in)
Math Practice Tests:
- Practice Test from NJDOE
- Practice specific skills from IXL > Email Ms. Rista at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need your IXL login
ELA Practice Tests:
General Test Tips:
- Get a good night’s sleep.
- Eat breakfast.
- Read all of the options for multiple choice questions, then make your decision.
- Use the “answer eliminator” button in the toolbar to eliminate answer choices that are definitely wrong.
- Attempt all problems on the test and leave nothing blank.
Math Test Tips:
- Tips for Testing Worksheet
- Use the “highlight” tool to focus on what the problem is asking you to do.
- Use your graph/scratch paper (i.e. read the question on the computer, solve the problem on paper, and then type the answers from your paper to the computer, making sure not to forget anything).
- Use vocabulary words in your explanations.
- Set MODE in calculator to DEGREES.
ELA Test Tips:
- There is a reason the passages are still on the screen. Please refer to them when you answer the multiple-choice questions.
- Even if you are not sure which multiple-choice answer is the best, narrow it down and make an educated guess. You will get zero points if you skip it, but if you put in your best guess, you have a shot at getting it right.
- If you have trouble focusing while reading the passages, read the multiple-choice questions first, then go back and start reading the passages.
- When you start the test, read the essay questions FIRST. Then go back to the beginning and start reading the passages. Use the scrap paper to take notes on important details that pertain to the essay question as you read. Details will jump out at you because you are reading with a purpose.
- Use textual evidence to support your essay responses.