BCIT POLICY AND PROCEDURES
- Students must have a minimum attendance of 85%.
- Some programs have more stringent attendance requirements because of federal and/or state regulations governing licensure. Students must adhere to these requirements.
- There are no excused absences for Adult Education Programs.
- The administration reserves the right to withdraw any course, which has insufficient registration, and to change the schedule when circumstances warrant a change.
- All students applying for admission to Adult Education Programs must be 18 years of age.
- In-school, high school students with senior standing, and 18 years of age who are enrolled in a sending district school or BCIT, may be in an Adult Education Program with written permission from the principal or superintendent from the school in which they are enrolled. This written permission must be submitted at the time of registration. All students must pay registration and tuition fees.
- Students applying for State Licensing programs, which have high school diploma or equivalent as a requirement, must provide a copy of this documentation.
- All courses are subject to cancellation where registration is insufficient. A 100% refund will be made for classes cancelled by Burlington County Institute of Technology.
- Students must maintain a 70% (2.0) grade average or they may be placed on academic probation, subject to recommendation for dismissal.
- Students must adhere to the attendance and grading policies to be eligible for graduation in June of 2023.
- All tuition and fees must be paid at the time of registration unless you have a prearranged and agreed upon payment option such as Veterans Benefits, Unemployment, Workforce Investment Board, One-Stop, Employee Benefits or Burlington County Youth One-Stop. In these special circumstances BCIT must be notified and agree with in two weeks of the start date and will be contingent upon class availability.
- You can pay by cash, check, money order, or charge (DISCOVER, VISA, or MASTERCARD).
- There is a $50.00 charge for checks issued to Burlington County Institute of Technology that are returned due to insufficient funds.
- There is also a $25.00 charge for late payments received by BCIT Adult Education for advanced semester/module courses.
- Third Party Registration- Any agency that desires to register a student should have all required paper work to the Adult Education Division nine (9) working days before the date of the final registration. Failure to submit all pertinent paperwork will result in relinquishing the seat to the public for admission/registration.
- BCIT offers a no-interest tuition payment option for our programs in Cosmetology, Dental Assisting, Licensed Practical Nursing, Medical Assisting, Patient Care Technician.
- Payments for the modules must be paid for in advance of starting the new module.
- Students who do not pay in a timely manner will be refused from entering class and Clinicals until the balance is brought to date.
- Students run the risk of being terminated from the program and will be responsible for any debt owed.
Refund / Course Cancelation / Drop Class Policy:
- Refund requests must be in writing, and will be honored up to a week (7 days) prior to the 1st class with the exception of Practical Nursing, Certified Nurse Aide, Certified Homemaker/Home Health Aide and CDL. Withdrawals made less than 60 days prior to the start date of Practical Nursing are not eligible for reimbursement of acceptance fees. Withdrawals for Certified Nurse Aide or Certified Homemaker/Home Health Aide must be made at least 14 days prior to the start date of class to be eligible for a refund. Withdrawals made for CDL must be made at least 7 days prior to the start date of class to be eligible for a refund.
- A refund request form must be submitted. A full refund minus the $25.00 registration fee will be made to the student provided the student adheres to these guidelines. A student is not eligible for a refund after this time period has lapsed. No refund requests will be honored beginning 24 hours prior to the first class.
- If a course is canceled due to low enrollment we will process your refund depending on the tender in which it was paid.
- All credit card refunds will be provided as a credit to the credit card used at the time of the purchase.
- Tuition refunds will be processed monthly if you paid by check or cash. Once the refund is approved by the Board of Education the check will be mailed to the address that is on file.
Registration Late Fee:
- There will be a $25 late registration fee assessed if registration deadlines are missed.
- SMOKING IS PROHIBBITED ON SCHOOL GROUNDS AT ALL TIMES. Violations of this rule could result in automatic withdrawal from the school.
Security Policy Your payment and personal information is always safe. Our Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.”
Extended Credit / Make‐Up Time
Students may obtain additional training beyond their scheduled training hours only during times that the institution is open for business and providing training in the program in which a student is enrolled. This policy accommodates students who may be working on a lab or clinic application that extends beyond their scheduled hours of attendance, and for students who may need to make up time as a result of prior absences by the student, and/or poor grades. Licensed instructors are on campus and are providing training and supervision of theory and/or, lab or clinic services between the hours of 8:30am and 3:00pm. Students may only obtain additional training during these hours. No credit will be given for any time that a student is clocked in if supervised training is not being provided. Additional training time may be granted for theory and/or practical work only, i.e., performing clinic services, lab applications and procedures, or sanitation training. Additional training time will only be permitted if space is available and may not displace another student who is in attendance during his/her scheduled time of attendance. The acting instructor/supervisor on site has the authority to restrict additional training time at his/her discretion. There may be an additional fee (hourly or day approved rate) charged to the student who uses extended credit/make-up time that will be required to be paid in full prior to the extended credit/make-up time.
TRANSFER OF CREDIT POLICY AND ARTICULATION AGREEMENTS
- If a student will be attempting to transfer credit from one institution to another they must submit an official transcript from the prior institution to the current institution identifying all courses from which the student is requesting a transfer of credit.
- The Assistant Principal of Adult Education will review the transcript and collaborate with other stakeholders if needed, to determine if the prior credit will be applied to any programs at the new institution.
- Based on the review of the transcript a determination will be made whether the prior credit can be accepted or not.
LIST OF SCHOOLS WITH ARTICULATION AGREEMENT
♦ Rowan College At Burlington County (RCBC) ♦ Camden County College (CCC)
For Additional Policies and Procedures, please click one of the following links:
- Board of Education Policies
- Drug and Alcohol Policy
- Determination of Withdrawal
- Copyright Infringement
- Return of Title IV Funds
- SAP Policy for LT Programs
- Verification Policy Procedures Forms
For matters pertaining to Academic, Financial, Disability Counseling, or any other information regarding completing a course of education at BCIT, please follow up with Adult Ed Assistant Principal, Jesse Pappler, email@example.com