• The two links provided below allow you to check if a college you are interested in accepts AP or CAP credits.

    • The RCBC partner school list shows the full list of schools they are partnered with and which credits they accept.
    • The AP credit policy search allows you to look up a specific AP course or college and see if the credits are transferable to the school of your choice. As well as show you the required score needed on the AP test to take your credits.

    RCBC Partner School List

    AP Credit Policy Search

    Comments (-1)
  • AP Vs. CAP - What's the difference & which option is right for me?

    Posted by:

    RCBC's College Acceleration Program (CAP) allows students the opportunity to earn college credit for their high school courses. CAP courses are equal to RCBC credits as well as other colleges (see link above for which colleges accept CAP credits). Students must earn a 70 or higher to earn the credits.



    AP courses are taught at a college level. Students take the AP test at the end of the course. If students score a 3 or better, they can earn college credits for the class (see link above to search scores needed for certain colleges). AP courses are more nationally recognized than CAP credits, so there is a wider variety of colleges that accept AP credits.

    What is AP?


    If you are in an AP class, you have the option to pay for the CAP credits OR take the AP exam, but you cannot do both. This decision should be based on what colleges you are planning on applying to. 

    Comments (-1)