As an employer, you will sign an agreement with the school in order to hire a student. You may view the agreement below:
As an EMPLOYER, I agree to do the following:
1. I will adhere to all federal and state regulations regarding employment including the Fair Labor Standards Act, insurance, safety, child labor laws, minimum wage and nondiscrimination and other applicable regulations.
2. I will provide the employer-based learning site for the student, provide direct supervision at all times and assist the student in achieving the necessary occupational and academic skills and knowledge.
3. I will notify the coordinator if student difficulties arise at the work site, including attendance problems.
4. I will assist in the evaluation of the student employee and provide time for the workplace mentor to meet with the coordinator.
5. I will ensure that the combination of the student's school hours and work hours do not exceed 40 hours in one week.
6. I will certify that an employee is not being displaced by hiring this student in a structured employer-based learning experience.
7. I will provide adequate equipment for the student to gain experience consistent with the occupation.
8. I will provide a safe and healthful work environment.
9. I will provide worker's compensation insurance.
10. I will comply with all state and federal civil rights laws covered in #1 above.