BCIT BOARD OF EDUCATION GOALS 2020-2021
- To support the superintendent to assure the ongoing successful transition of the new Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction, Assistant Superintendent for Equality and Diversity and new Business Administrator.
- To support the ongoing professional development in technology for all students and staff inclusive of Apps, hotspots, connectivity and extensions and Google certifications that position the faculty to provide students with the skills necessary to access, manage, evaluate, and synthesize information essential to a technology-rich workplace in a virtual environment any place and any time whether synchronously or asynchronously.
- To assure the ongoing implementation and support of the 1:1 Chromebook environment inclusive of the new Freshmen class which encourages asynchronous and synchronous learning that is extended beyond the classroom evident in the E-Learning Plan under Covid-19 closure.
- To support the ongoing effort to create a social and emotionally balanced perspective and environment for staff and students to support social and emotional learning to enable them to apply knowledge and skills necessary to manage emotions, set positive relationships, and make responsible decisions that are critical to their well-being critical to student well-being while improving academic learning. The measured results will be upon the successes under Covid-19 closure and evident in changes to curricula, classroom lesson plans and overall academic achievement.
- To support the professional development plan of staff to be trained in Equity and Diversity and share in the dialogue pursuant to a data walk conducted during the 2019-2020 school year while promoting equity champions among students and staff.