• Burlington County Institute of Technology (BCIT) has partnered with Rowan College at Burlington County (RCBC) to offer their College Accelerated Program (CAP). CAP is a dual credit program that offers students taking select courses an opportunity to earn both high school and college credit.  Students who would like to receive college credits must register for the course online at https://rcbc.app.dualenroll.com  and pay the RCBC fee for the CAP class by the assigned deadline (please use this link to access registration information and directions.  Students must earn at least a “C” (70% or higher) in the course. The final grades are submitted to RCBC at the end of the semester. RCBC will then issue a transcript upon request by the student.  CAP payments are nonrefundable even if the student drops the course or does not earn at least a 70%.

    CAP credits are usually transferable to New Jersey colleges and universities, but may or may not be transferable to out of state schools.  Neither RCBC nor (BCIT) can guarantee transfer of courses to any institution other than RCBC.  Each college has its own acceptance policy for transfer credits including policies specific to credits earned through dual credit programs. Additionally, some colleges may accept the credits, but specific departments within that college may have different policies for how they apply them to their specific programs.  It is the responsibility of each student and/or family to contact specific colleges and inquire about their policies.

    A few facts to consider when deciding to whether to register for RCBC CAP college credit:

    • Each CAP class cost approximately $150 for a 3 or 4 credit class.
    • CAP credit are usually transferable to any public college or university in New Jersey. How the class is applied (i.e. which requirements the class will fulfill) is up to the college.
    • Out-of-state colleges may or may not accept credit earned through the CAP program. It is highly recommended that you check with the college/university you are applying to in order if find out if the credits will be accepted and/or how they will be applied.
    • CAP is not intended to replace the AP program. A comparison of AP and CAP is listed below. 


    1. Do you accept transfer credits from community colleges?
    2. How do you apply these credits?
    3. Will you accept these credits if the course was taught in the high school (not on RCBC’s campus)?
    4. Is your college more likely to accept AP or dual credit?


    AP (Advanced Placement) vs. RCBC CAP

    Advanced Placement (AP)

    RCBC CAP Dual Credit


    The AP Program is run by College Board and is a national program. Students take college level courses and exams.

    CAP allows a high school student to simultaneously earn high school and college credit by completing courses at BCIT


    Credit is awarded based on a score on the AP exam. Exams are taken in May    and are scored on a scale  of  1-5. 

    Credit is awarded when the student earns a C (70%) or better as the final grade in the class.

    College/University Acceptance

    Colleges/Universities throughout the country may award credit  based on their pre-determined score (usually a 3, 4, or 5).

    Credit is awarded at RCBC. All NJ Colleges and Universities will accept transfer credit from RCBC, although how the credit is applied may vary. See www.njtransfer.org to see how the credit transfers. Out of state Colleges/ Universities may or may not accept the credit.


    Exam fee is approximately $94 (per test).

    Approximately $150 for a 3 or 4 credit course.

    Sending Scores

    Student must request  scores from the College Board be sent to the College/University                in July or August before college freshman year.

    Student attending RCBC don’t need to request scores be added to transcript.  Student must request a transcript from RCBC to be sent to any other College/University in July before college freshman year.