Welcome to the BCIT West chapter of SkillsUSA!!!
|Advertising Art & Design
||Architecture & Design Technology
|firstname.lastname@example.org || email@example.com
What is SkillsUSA?
Skills USA is a national nonprofit organization serving high school and post-secondary students who are preparing for careers in trade, technical and skilled service occupations, including health occupations. It was formerly know as VICA (Vocational Industrial Clubs of America).
- SkillsUSA is a partnership of students, teachers and industry working together to ensure America has a skilled workforce.
- SkillsUSA helps each student excel.
- SkillsUSA’s mission is to empower its members to become world-class workers, leaders and responsible American citizens.
- SkillsUSA serves more than 300,000 students and instructors annually.
Follow the link below to visit the Skills USA national website:
Why should I join SkillsUSA?
SkillsUSA programs also help to establish industry standards for job skill training in the lab and classroom, and promote community service. SkillsUSA is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and is cited as a “successful model of employer-driven youth development training program” by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Additionally, SkillsUSA is a great organization to have on your resume!
How do I join SkillsUSA?
Joining Skills is simple. Here's what you do:
1. Contact one of the advisers (Mr. Bouchard or Mr. Haney)
2. Pay the state and national membership dues ($16)
3. Attend meetings and compete at the state competition