Veterans Services at BCIT Adult Education
BCIT is committed to serving your education needs as veterans or active duty troops who may be transitioning into civilian life, seeking to pursue continuing education while still serving our country, or transitioning into a new career. Our certificate programs can help you to successfully enter the job market. BCIT will work with you on coordinating your education benefits to be applied toward your course selections. Follow these simple steps to ensure your registration into our programs using your veterans’ benefits.
STEP 1: Get Started and Certified
- Visit the www.gibill.va.gov to explore your education options and request a certificate of eligibility.
- Submit a certificate of eligibility for entitlement to educational assistance no later than the first day of a course of education.
- Most Services members will need to complete a VA form 22-1990 applications for Veterans Benefits online.
- Using Chapter 1606? You must secure a “Notice of Basic Eligibility.”
STEP 2: Make an Appointment with our Veterans Coordinator
- Please call 609-267-4226 x 8230 to schedule an appointment with Emily Kreifels, our school Veterans Coordinator and School Certifying Official.
STEP 3: Register for Your Course
- Bring to the appointment your Veterans Enrollment Certification Form and a DD214 (if applicable).
- Complete the BCIT Adult Education Registration form at home or at your appointment.
- We may also require additional payment or impose a fee for the amount that is the difference between the amount of the student's financial obligation and the amount of the VA education benefit disbursement.
Please remember, it can take 8 – 12 weeks after classes begin to receive the first payment following submission of certification of enrollment.
Emily Kreifels, our BCIT - Adult Ed School Certifying Official and Coordinator of Veteran Benefits, will be your point of contact at the school and can meet with you to answer any questions about our programs or the process of utilizing your educational benefits. Veterans can make appointments with our Westampton Campus between 9AM and 3PM Monday through Friday. Please call 609-267-4226 x 8230 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For matters pertaining to Academic, Financial, Disability Counseling, or any other information regarding completing a course of education at BCIT, please follow up with Adult Ed Assistant Principal, Jesse Pappler, email@example.com
BCIT is proud of the service you provide or have provided to protect our freedoms that we enjoy as United States citizens. We look forward to being of service to you in return.