Veterans Services at BCIT Adult Education

    BCIT is committed to serving your education needs as veterans or active duty troops who may be transitioning into civilian life, seeking to pursue continuing education while still serving our country, or transitioning into a new career.  Our certificate programs can help you to successfully enter the job market.  BCIT will work with you on coordinating your education benefits to be applied toward your course selections.  Follow these simple steps to ensure your registration into our programs using your veterans’ benefits.

    STEP 1: Get Started and Certified

    ·      Visit the www.gibill.va.gov to explore your education options and request a certificate of



    ·      Most Services members will need to complete a VA form 22-1990 applications for

            Veterans Benefits online.


    ·      Using Chapter 1606?  You must secure a “Notice of Basic Eligibility.” 


    STEP 2: Make an Appointment

    ·     Please call 609-267-4226 x 8230 to schedule an appointment with Ms. Brenda Shinn,

           Veterans  Coordinator and School Certifying Official. 

    ·     Bring to the appointment your Veterans Enrollment Certification Form and a DD214 if


    STEP 3: Register for Your Course

    ·     Fill out in person or bring a completed registration form for BCIT Adult Education to your


          The form can be found at this link BCIT Adult Education Registration Form


    It normally takes 8 – 12 weeks after classes begin to receive the first payment following submission of certification of enrollment.  The Certifying Official and Coordinator’s office is located at the Westampton campus.  Veterans can be seen between the hours of 9am to 3pm Monday through Friday.  The certifying Official will be your point of contact at the school on all affairs related to your education benefits


    Ms. Brenda Shinn, the School Certifying Official and Coordinator of Veteran Benefits, will meet with you to answer any questions about our programs or the process of utilizing your educational benefits.  Please call 609-267-4226 xt 8230 or email bshinn@burlcoschools.org


    BCIT is proud of the service you provide or have provided to protect our freedoms that we enjoy as United States citizens. We look forward to being of service to you in return.