Veterans Services at BCIT Adult Education
BCIT is committed to serving your education needs as veterans or active duty troops who may be transitioning into civilian life, seeking to pursue continuing education while still serving our country, or transitioning into a new career. Our certificate programs can help you to successfully enter the job market. BCIT will work with you on coordinating your education benefits to be applied toward your course selections. Follow these simple steps to ensure your registration into our programs using your veterans’ benefits.
STEP 1: Get Started and Certified
- Visit the www.gibill.va.gov to explore your education options and request a certificate of eligibility.
- Submit a certificate of eligibility for entitlement to educational assistance no later than the first day of a course of education.
- Most Services members will need to complete a VA form 22-1990 applications for Veterans Benefits online.
- Using Chapter 1606? You must secure a “Notice of Basic Eligibility.”
STEP 2: Make an Appointment
- Please call 609-267-4226 x 8230 to schedule an appointment with Ms. Kim Iocco, Veterans Coordinator and School Certifying Official.
- Bring to the appointment your Veterans Enrollment Certification Form and a DD214 if applicable.
STEP 3: Register for Your Course
- Fill out in person or bring a completed registration form for BCIT Adult Education to your appointment. The form can be found at this link BCIT Adult Education Registration Form
- We may also require additional payment or impose a fee for the amount that is the difference between the amount of the student's financial obligation and the amount of the VA education benefit disbursement.
It normally takes 8 – 12 weeks after classes begin to receive the first payment following submission of certification of enrollment. The Certifying Official and Coordinator’s office is located at the Westampton campus. Veterans can be seen between the hours of 9am to 3pm Monday through Friday. The certifying Official will be your point of contact at the school on all affairs related to your education benefits
Ms. Kim Iocco, the School Certifying Official and Coordinator of Veteran Benefits, will meet with you to answer any questions about our programs or the process of utilizing your educational benefits. Please call 609-267-4226 xt 8230 or email email@example.com
BCIT is proud of the service you provide or have provided to protect our freedoms that we enjoy as United States citizens. We look forward to being of service to you in return.