BCIT POLICY AND PROCEDURES
• Students must have a minimum attendance of 85%. Some programs have more stringent attendance requirements because of federal and/or state regulations governing licensure. Students must adhere to these requirements.
• There are no excused absences for Adult Education Programs.
• The administration reserves the right to withdraw any course, which has insufficient registration, and to change the schedule when circumstances warrant a change.
• All students applying for admission to Adult Education Programs must be 18 years of age.
• In-school, high school students with senior standing, and 18 years of age who are enrolled in a sending district school or BCIT, may be in an Adult Education Program with written permission from the principal or superintendent from the school in which they are enrolled. This written permission must be submitted at the time of registration. All students must pay registration and tuition fees.
• Students applying for State Licensing programs, which have high school diploma or equivalent as a requirement, must provide a copy of this documentation.
• All courses are subject to cancellation where registration is insufficient. A 100% refund will be made for classes cancelled by Burlington County Institute of Technology.
• Students must maintain a 70% (2.0) grade average or they may be placed on academic probation, subject to recommendation for dismissal.
• All tuition and fees must be paid at the time of registration unless you have a prearranged and agreed upon payment option such as Veterans Benefits, Unemployment, Workforce Investment Board, One-Stop, Employee Benefits or Burlington County Youth One-Stop. In these special circumstances BCIT must be notified and agree with in two weeks of the start date and will be contingent upon class availability.
• You can pay by cash, check, money order, or charge (DISCOVER, VISA, or MASTERCARD).
• There is a $50.00 charge for checks issued to Burlington County Institute of Technology that are returned due to insufficient funds.
• There is also a $50.00 charge for late payments received by BCIT Adult Education for advanced semester/module courses.
• Third Party Registration- Any agency that desires to register a student should have all required paper work to the Adult Education Division nine (9) working days before the date of the final registration. Failure to submit all pertinent paperwork will result in relinquishing the seat to the public for admission/registration.
• BCIT offers a no-interest tuition payment option for our programs in Cosmetology, Dental Assisting and Licensed Practical Nursing.
• Payments for the modules must be paid for in advance of starting the new module.
• Students who do not pay in a timely manner will be refused from entering class and Clinicals until the balance is brought to date.
• Students run the risk of being terminated from the program and will be responsible for any debt owed.
Refund / Course Cancelation / Drop Class Policy
• A refund is available if a student wishes to drop a class after enrolling in the class, and at least 24 hours prior to the first class session with the exception of Practical Nursing, Certified Nurse Aide, Certified Homemaker/Home Health Aide and CDL. Withdrawals made less than 60 days prior to the start date of Practical Nursing are not eligible for reimbursement of acceptance fees. Withdrawals for Certified Nurse Aide or Certified Homemaker/Home Health Aide must be made at least 14 days prior to the start date of class to be eligible for a refund. Withdrawals made for CDL must be made at least 7 days prior to the start date of class to be eligible for a refund.
• A refund request form must be submitted. A full refund minus the $25.00 registration fee will be made to the student provided the student adheres to these guidelines. A student is not eligible for a refund after this time period has lapsed. No refund requests will be honored beginning 24 hours prior to the first class.
• If a course is canceled due to low enrollment we will process your refund depending on the tender in which it was paid.
• All credit card refunds will be provided as a credit to the credit card used at the time of the purchase.
• Tuition refunds will be processed monthly if you paid by check or cash. Once the refund is approved by the Board of Education the check will be mailed to the address that is on file.
Registration Late Fee
• There will be a $25 late registration fee assessed if registration deadlines are missed.
• SMOKING IS PROHIBBITED ON SCHOOL GROUNDS AT ALL TIMES. Violations of this rule could result in automatic withdrawal from the school.
We respect and are committed to protecting your privacy. We may collect personally identifiable information when you visit our site. We also automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information and the page(s) you visited. We will not sell your personally identifiable information to anyone.
Your payment and personal information is always safe. Our Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.”