Virtual Summer Enrichment ClassesVirtual Summer Enrichment 2020The English and math departments will be offering virtual summer enrichment classes starting July 6th and ending July 23rd. English classes will run on Monday's and Wednesday's from 10:00-11:30 a.m. Math classes will run on Tuesday's and Thursday's from 10:00-11:30 a.m. Class descriptions are below. Final course schedules will be based on student interest and space is limited. See the FAQ below for more information.Math Department
(These classes have reached maximum capacity) The math department will be offering multiple virtual classes this summer in preparation for Algebra I, Geometry, and Algebra II. In addition, we will be offering a class in financial literacy (click here for more information). Each class is designed to review critical skills from prior coursework and preview new material for the coming academic year.
The final course schedule will be based on student interest. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the summer math assignment or enrichment classes, please contact Jessica Poirier at firstname.lastname@example.org.English DepartmentThe English department will be offering three virtual classes to choose from:
- English Summer Skills Class (This class has reached maximum capacity) will be offered to students who wish to continue to develop important reading and writing skills and prevent the summer slide. Thematic reading and writing, word study, and independent reading opportunities will be offered. (This class is recommended for, but not limited to incoming freshmen)
- Research Process Class (This class has reached maximum capacity) will be offered to students who wish to work on key elements of research and research writing. These essential skills will provide benefits in any academic course. Fundamental procedures such as Brainstorming Strategies, Research Methods, Organizational Skills, Essay Structure, and Editing Techniques will be offered.
- Creative Writing Class (This class has reached maximum capacity) is open to all students wanting a fun and freedom-filled opportunity to explore their “voice” with the written word! Through diverse activities, drills, games, and personal projects, students will experiment with a great variety of techniques of creative style, reflection, poetic verse and story-building.
Contact Jessica Antinoro with questions at email@example.com
Please use the following link to register for classes: https://forms.gle/F3iqch5fkmULySQu9
- Can incoming 9th graders take summer enrichment classes?
- Yes. Incoming freshmen are recommended to enroll in Algebra I and/or English Skills.
- How long is each session?
- Each class is 1 hour and 30 minutes. If your student signs up for one class, he/she will attend the class from either 10:00am-11:30am.
- Can my student sign up for both math and English classes?
- Yes. If your student signs up for both classes, they will be in classes from 10:00am-11:30am, Monday through Thursday.
- What do I need to be able to participate fully in the virtual summer enrichment classes?
- You will need internet connection and a computer with a camera. (If you would like to participate and do not have access to one or both of these, please reach out to either Jessica Antinoro: firstname.lastname@example.org or Jessica Poirier: email@example.com so that we may assist you.)